For over 30 years, Gallivan Auctioneers & Appraisers has been a leading industrial and real estate auction company in the Midwest. We work throughout several states, including Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois and Pennsylvania, and we are licensed real estate brokers, accredited appraisers, and CAI certified auctioneers. We bring years of industrial and product knowledge which creates a foundation for achieving excellence in the field of auction marketing and appraising. Our staff is dedicated to providing the highest level of professionalism and integrity in providing the services we offer.
8 Steps to buying at Gallivan Auctions
If you’re new to auctions, there’s nothing to fear. This step by step guide will show you just how easy it is to find, scout and participate in a live auction near you.
- Find an auction – Use our auction locator to find an auction nearby. You can even search for a specific type of auction. We work throughout several states, including Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois and Pennsylvania.
- Preview the auction – Many auctions let you preview what is going on the auction block a few days or even weeks in advance. Once you’ve located the auction you want to attend, call the auctioneer or auction house to see if they will have a preview date.
- Arrive early – On the day of the auction, try and get there early enough to register and get a good seat. It’s not only important for you to be able to see the auctioneer, but for the auctioneer to be able to see you.
- Inspect – Carefully inspect any items you’re interested in. Are they damaged? Do you see other people looking at the same items? How much competition does it look like you’re up against?
- Set a price – What are you willing to bid? You should have a number in mind, so you don’t go way over your budget in the heat of the moment. Don’t forget to include your total costs, like repairs, decorations, fees, and delivery charges. Use the bidder’s package you were given at registration.
- Bid – Have fun! Carefully follow the auction and get a feel for who you’re bidding against. And remember, the maximum bid you’re willing to make is just that; a maximum. Don’t jump to that number unless it’s necessary. You might very well get the item you want for much less.
- Pay – If you win, find the Bookkeeper or Clerk and take care of your bill.
Looking to hold an auction or valuate assets? Gallivan provides turnkey solutions for lenders, bankruptcy/restructuring professionals and business owners offering appraisals, business wind downs, and auctions with the goal of creating the best possible financial outcome.
"“The Cessna that I purchased from Gallivan exceeded my expectations. I could not have been happier with the results.” "